At North East Lincolnshire Council, we have a unique ability to provide the ultimate work life balance for our employees. Situated within the award-winning costal area of Cleethorpes and the beautiful Lincolnshire Wolds, North East Lincolnshire Council provide the perfect location for you to Live, Work & Play.
About Your Role & Team
North East Lincolnshire currently has opportunities for experienced Team Managers, working within our dedicated Children’s Services Team.
Our Children’s Assessment and Safeguarding Service provides a cohesive approach to supporting children and families by providing one social worker for their time in our care. Our social workers will work with their children and families from 0-18, ensuring a consistent point of contact for them from assessment to permanence.
We are passionate about children and families getting the right intervention at the right time through collaborative working with our partners across North East Lincolnshire. We believe every child has the right to the best start in life and are proud of our workforce. You will be instrumental to driving performance and improving practise standards within your team and will work closely with the other managers across the service to ensure children are at the centre of all we do. If you are as passionate about best outcomes for children as we are, we would love to hear from you.
About Our Offer
Our commitment to you is;
- A team with strong relationships, that is friendly and supportive
- Good relationships with and support from other services, agencies and external partners, working together for the good benefit of the children
- A Leadership Team that has committed to drive the transformation journey of the service and who care about the job you do and the families you support
- An ethos to reduce the demand for Social Work intervention by strengthening our early intervention input
- Award-winning Practice Framework
- A strong and varied learning and professional development programme
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to research and resources
- Flexible working options to help your life/work balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car parking scheme, car lease scheme and payment of SWE fees
- Offices with a seafront location
- A beautiful part of the country with a low cost of living
In addition to generous salary packages there are many benefits to working for North East Lincolnshire Children’s Services.
We acknowledge that people need to balance their work commitments with home life and that finding the balance can be difficult at times. We have several policies that
enhance the work-life relationship including:
- Flexible working hours
- Family leave policy
- Hybrid working
- Option to buy extra annual leave
Here are some of the main benefits to help you save money, get fit, or support your financial wellbeing;
- Salary sacrifice scheme – saves tax and national insurance by exchanging part of your gross salary for non-cash benefits such as extra holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, and Tusker cars (beneficial rate car lease)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Cash Plan
- Credit Union
- Discounts such as mobile phones, computers, and many other products and services
- Car parking permits
- Humber Bridge toll payments
If you have the ambition, we have the commitment and resources to help you achieve it.
We are a small team and it is essential that we get the right person for this role, so although relevant experience and qualifications are a given, the right attitude is a must.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
- You hold a fully accredited DipSW/Social Work degree (equivalent to Level 6 NQF), are registered with Social Work England and ideally have a Practice Teacher Award
- You have a minimum of 4 years post-qualification experience in Children’s Social Care
- Exemplary experience of complex case management including purposeful evidence-based interventions, analytical assessments and the highest quality of written work
This is a very exciting time to joining Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire. Please check out the rest of the website for more information about who we are, our vision and what it is like to be part of our team.
To find out more about the opportunities we have within Assessment and Intervention, contact [email protected]